- Great work ethics
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Smart device with access to wifi or cellular service
- No prior experience or previous work experience needed to take this course.
- Commercial plumbing instruction
- Residential plumbing instruction
- Regular job fairs for prospective employers ready to hire
- Real world experience working on live properties and projects
- Unlimited access to instructors via phone, email, video chat, and physical meetings via appointment
- Prospective student who is looking for a career change
- Prospective student who may be a skilled labor by practice and looking to take it more serious
- Prospective student who's looking to be licensed and become journeyman and or a master mechanic
- Prospective student just graduating high school and choosing not to go to college or the traditional route
- Prospective student who's worked in the field before and looking for a refresher course to tidy up skills and practice.
our residential and commercial plumbing job training program will equip you with the practical, hands-on knowledge needed to be successful in the high-demand building and construction trades industry. Students learn the technical skills that employers are really looking for. Prepare to solve the needs of homeowners and businesses as a plumber. This multi-disciplinary program aims to give students the skills, knowledge, and confidence required to proceed with apprenticeships in the Plumbing trade.
Train for an apprenticeship or other positions in skilled trades. Training includes OSHA safety, construction math, blueprint reading, tool usage, and other trade skills used on the job. Students will be prepared to enter an electrical apprenticeship program upon completion.
A strong emphasis on safety, including the Osha 10 certifications, will prepare the students to train with various tools, techniques, and materials in well-equipped shops as they complete the curriculum. The program’s three terms of academic and technical training ensure that students are able to apply theoretical knowledge to practical applications.
Upon successful completion of this Certificate, students will be able to:
- Prepare to pass National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) certifications plus OSHA-10 and First Aid/CPR;
- Demonstrate safe and effective basic skills required in various construction trades including trade calculations, tool usage, reading construction drawings, and essential communication.
- Perform tasks associated with entry-level workers in the electrician niche.
- Prepare for successful entry into an electrical apprenticeship program.
- determine his/her personal suitability for work and continued study in the plumbing trade sector
- solve problems and make decisions that contribute to academic success
- use a computer and the appropriate software to prepare assignments, and do research
- work cooperatively with others to carry out tasks
- increase his/her formal education level while gaining experiential knowledge
- explore opportunities available in the Plumbing trade
- listen and communicate clearly, concisely, and correctly in spoken and written English
This introductory competency path will give you the basic understanding of the industry you need to prepare you for a safe and successful career in plumbing. This path will take you around 10 hours to complete. 7 Courses 10-13 Hrs
Plumbing Installation Basics
In this competency path, you will gain the skills and knowledge you need to begin plumbing installation work involving fixtures and piping. You'll also learn how to finish your work to a high standard using trim and caulk. This path will take you around 10 hours to complete. 7 Courses 7-9 Hrs
Next Level: Water Heater Professional
This competency path will teach you everything you need to know to become a water heater professional. You'll cover both electric and gas water heaters, discovering how they work, how to keep them working, and how to fix them if they stop working. This path will take you around 15 hours to complete. 6 Courses 11-16 Hrs
Next Level: Plumbing Fixture Maintenance and Troubleshooting
This competency path focuses on developing your fixture troubleshooting skills, covering all types of plumbing fixtures and drains. You will have the opportunity to practice your new skills with a number of realistic simulations so that you're ready to dive straight into troubleshooting out in the field. 6 Courses 9-14 Hrs
Next Level: Pipe Repair Professional
This competency path will provide you with all the knowledge you need to start repairing leaks in all types of pipes and fittings. Both water supply and sanitary piping will be covered, and all the piping materials you are likely to encounter out in the field too. This path will take around 11 hours to complete. 5 Courses 9-14 Hrs